Reporting to: SVP Sales
Region: North America
PCI Pal is a leading payment security business, delivering solutions into the phone payment market, with a particular focus on businesses with call center operations. We have established a strong brand in the emerging secure payment space, providing PCI-compliant solutions to market-leading brands across all sectors including retail, financial services, and utilities.
Headquartered in the UK and a public company on the London Stock Exchange (AIM: PCIP.L), the company has an established UK and European customer base and a strong reputation for delivering secure payment solutions that enhance the customer experience when interacting via phone. The FinTech space is an attractive and rapidly growing sector, and the Company is now ready to embark on international expansion with an immediate focus on North America. Capitalizing on recent major wins in the region, including a F500 company, and rapidly growing market demand for technology-based solutions to ensure compliance with PCI DSS regulations, the Company is now investing to build its US presence and team.
The business opened its first US office in Charlotte, NC in June 2017 and is in the process of building the team to service the North American market with sales, marketing, and support resources both remote and Charlotte-based. There is no specific preferred location for this position and so the successful candidate could work remotely/from home or out of the Charlotte office (if based in the area). Additional support will be provided from the very experienced UK-based team. Regular U.S. and Canadian travel is an expected part of this leadership channel sales position.
The role of Channel Sales Director – North America has been created to lead the Company’s channel sales strategy and execute it across carriers, system integrators, telephony vendors, contact centre software vendors, and payment providers. The position will report directly to the VP Sales NA (based in Charlotte, NC) with day to day responsibility for channel partner relationships and enabling partners to achieve mutually agreed sales goals. Partner categories will include resellers, managed service providers and referral partners. In many instances, the Channel Sales Director will be directly engaged with the partner, marshalling the sales and support capabilities of PCI Pal as service and industry experts. It is a high profile role and a key strategic hire for the Company as it formally enters the US market for the first time while pursuing ambitious growth goals.
The successful candidate will immediately benefit from PCI Pal’s existing partnerships with enterprises operating in the North American market, some of whom are market leaders in their own right/sector. Expansion of the channel relationships in North America, along with rapid capitalization of the existing partnerships are the key goals as we extend the business into this untapped region. The role requires collaboration with internal teams both in the US and UK, and therefore flexibility around time zones is required. Full on-boarding training will be provided by the UK team, as well as assistance/support, both remotely from the UK and on the ground in the US.
The successful candidate will have long-standing experience of working channel roles, delivering technology services into the contact center, cloud, and telecommunications markets in North America. They will be a self-motivated, determined, and a strategically minded individual with a track record of success, particularly within evolutionary, growth sales environments.
- Hands-on leadership of the development and execution of the Company’s North American channel strategy and plan
- Development of existing, and acquisition of new, channel partnerships
- Achieving/exceeding channel sales and revenue targets against plan
- Organizational management of sales and support resources, both in-region and from the UK, to achieve channel sales and revenue goals
- Actively engage with partners, and where appropriate, their customers to assure partner success for themselves as well as PCI Pal
- Representing the business and presenting at conferences/events
Additional Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of progressive and financially successful sales experience in the contact center and telephony markets
- Proven success in managing teams and resources in a matrixed organization
- At least 5+ years of progressive experience in both channel sales (to enterprise-class customers), as well as direct sales of contact center solutions such as Cisco, Avaya, Genesys, ININ, 8X8, Incontact, Serenova, etc
- Good working technical knowledge of contact center environments and telephony solutions
- Passion for PCI Pal mission and technology and strong desire to work within a growing technology business in an innovative technology space, and lead the attack of new geographic regions for the Company
- Very strong communications skills, both oral/written; able to confidently operate at CxO-level
- Skilled in utilizing a CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipeline and closing data (preferably Salesforce)
- Self-starter with strong teamwork skills across multiple disciplines, organizations, and regions
- Capable of multi-tasking and working under pressure with a fast-moving, scale-up environment
- Experience of PCI compliance is preferred, but not essential (training will be given)
- Bachelor’s degree required
A competitive total earnings compensation package will be offered to qualified candidates plus attractive benefits.
If you’re interested in this role, please upload your CV with a covering letter. Or if you’d like to discuss the job further, please contact us or give us a call on +1 866 645 2903.