Reporting to: Senior SIP Architect
Region: United States
PCI Pal is a leading payment security business which delivers solutions into the phone payment market with a particular focus on organizations with call center operations. We have established a strong brand in the emerging secure payment space, partnering with market leaders in the contact center telephony and payment gateway arena, and providing PCI compliant solutions to market leading brands across all sectors including retail, financial services, and utilities.
A public company on the London Stock Exchange (AIM:PCIP.L) with global headquarters in the UK, PCI Pal has an established UK and European customer base and is the market leader in delivering secure payment solutions that enhance the customer experience when interacting via phone with contact centers.
PCI Pal is focused on building the North American channel and capitalizing on the rapidly growing market demand for technology-based solutions to ensure compliance with PCI DSS guidelines and regulations in the FinTech space. The business opened its first US office in Charlotte, NC in 2017 and is now in a secondary expansion stage of building out its team of All-Stars to service the North American market with sales, marketing, and support resources, both remote and Charlotte-based. Some U.S. and Canadian travel is an expected part of this regional SIP Architect position, and so being Charlotte-based is not a firm requirement.
The role of SIP Architect is twofold; (1) direct engagement and teamwork with the UK-based Cloud Development Team in the delivery of products, systems management, systems integrations and technical documentation. This team consists of SIP Telephony Architects and Senior System Developers. The SIP Architect will therefore design, implement and maintain the voice over IP components of PCI Pal’s secure payment solution. (2) This role will also collaborate with the sales, pre-sales, operations/solution implementation, and support teams to understand the customer requirements, from features to integration at a voice and network level. A challenging and intellectual approach will be needed in order to find the superior solution to each customer environment challenge. To date, the company has relied upon resources based in the UK for this specialist skill to service its channel partner and customer needs in North America. This is therefore the first SIP Architect role to be filled in the US, so as to more efficiently meet the companies needs being generated from within North America, and is a high profile role in the company.
The SIP architect will report to the Senior SIP Architect (based in the UK), but will also operate in a matrixed structure so as to collaborate with the US technical pre-sales and operations/implementation teams based in Charlotte, NC.
- Delivering PCI Pal Cloud based telephony products
- Create systems for Credit Card Processing using Telephony within public Cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Work with Senior VoIP Architect in the integration of customer infrastructure with PCI Pal VoIP core (telephony, network and application)
- Work with Senior VoIP Architect in the definition, prototyping and testing of the product
- Test in a rapid development environment, configure SBC’s, media gateways, cloud and premise based.
- Programming in C# (or C/C++) mainly in modern, cloud oriented, Microsoft .NET environments
- Utilizing network and VoIP debugging and testing using tools like Wireshark and Asterisk
- Development ownership of PCI Pal code (including 3rd party integrations)
- Delivery of work packages within time and budget
- Provide 3rd line support during and while tickets escalate
- Contribute to technical product documentation
- Evangelize the platform at network and telephony level company wide
Key Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years experience with VoIP architecture at the core, infrastructure and customer integration level
- Strong working technical knowledge of contact center environments, IP telephony technologies PBX, networking including SBC’s, media gateways, cloud and premise – especially SIP based technologies
- Expert level understanding of the SIP protocol and the associated RFC’s
A competitive total earnings compensation package will be offered to qualified candidates, plus attractive benefits including stock options.
If you’re interested in this role, please upload your CV with a covering letter. Or if you’d like to discuss the job further, please give us a call on +1 866 645 2903.