Reporting to: VP Sales
Region: North America
PCI Pal is a leading payment security organization, delivering solutions into the phone payment market, with a particular focus on enterprises with call center operations. We have established a strong brand in the emerging secure payment space, providing PCI-compliant solutions to market leading brands across all sectors including retail, financial services, and utilities.
A public company on the London Stock Exchange (AIM: PCIP.L) with global headquarters in the UK, PCI Pal has an established UK and European customer base and maintains a strong global reputation for delivering secure payment solutions that enhance the customer experience when interacting via phone with contact centers.
PCI Pal is focused on building the North American channel and capitalizing on the rapidly growing market demand for technology-based solutions to ensure compliance with PCI DSS guidelines and regulations in the FinTech space. The business opened its first US office in Charlotte, NC in 2017 and is now in a secondary expansion stage of building out its team of All-Stars in 2018 to service the North American market with sales, marketing, and support resources, both remote and Charlotte-based. Regular U.S. and Canadian travel is an expected part of this Senior Sales Engineer position so ready access to an East Coast hub city airport, preferably Charlotte, NC, is ideal.
The role of Senior Sales Engineer – North America has been created to lead the Company’s pre-sales support into enterprises. The position will report directly to the VP Sales NA (based in the Charlotte, NC) and will be responsible for lifecycle sales engineering engagement with enterprise business prospects – for both direct and channel sales. It is a high-profile role and a key strategic hire for the Company as it scales the North American business.
As a result of the “scale-up” nature of the US operations of PCI PAL, this role bears wider responsibilities than typically associated with sales engineers. The successful candidate must therefore be comfortable and excited to wear multiple hats in the first 12 months as the broader US team is built. For example, in addition to providing technical pre-sales support to the sales team, the candidate will also be expected to shadow certain customer implementations and immediate go-live support and training for customers and partners. Full on-boarding training will be provided by the team, as well as assistance/support, both remotely from the UK and on the ground in the US.
The successful candidate will have deep experience in the technology commonly utilized by US call centers, with a strong knowledge of telephony, cloud services, enterprise applications and payments. A thorough knowledge of PCI DSS Compliance is preferred. They will be a self-motivated technical person, and have demonstrated extensive success in customer satisfaction.
- A leader of the technical sales support and consultancy process for the region reporting to the Vice President of Sales (regional head).
- Tasked with providing technical, customer facing support for PCI Pal products throughout the entire sales engagement process, through to implementations, and, where required, post-sale reviews and client meetings.
- Technical liaison to prospective clients and partners wishing to integrate PCI Pal solutions with their infrastructure both on-premise and cloud.
- Ensuring customer and partner requirements are understood to build technically proficient business proposals in conjunction with the sales team.
- Ensure a smooth transition from pre-sale and sales to project management and implementation.
- Document a high standard technical and operational aspects of solutions, solution delivery, integration requirements, and any custom development requirements (in conjunction with the development team).
- Provide client facing sales support to the sales team and channel partners through all communication methods including face-to-face, email, phone, demos, WebEx and public events.
Key Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 10 years telephony and contact center knowledge. This must explicitly include experience of major telephony vendors (Cisco, Avaya, Genesys, ININ, etc.) and recent experience of leading cloud telephony vendors (8×8, inContact (NICE), NewVoiceMedia, etc.)
- Operational knowledge of web services, including understanding the transfer of data between sys-tems within contact centers, API, CTI, and experience of common desktop applications in contact cen-ter environments.
- Strong communications skills, both oral/written; able to deliver demonstrations to key stakeholders who may be both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to learn quickly, with a logical, methodical approach.
- Problem solving, with high levels of attention to detail.
- Self-starter with strong teamwork skills across multiple disciplines/departments.
- Taking ownership and tasks to completion on time.
- Capable of multi-tasking and working under pressure with a fast moving, fast growing technical business.
- Experience of PCI compliance is preferred, but not essential (training will be given).
- Good MS Office skills including Visio or similar to best present work to clients.
A competitive total earnings compensation package will be offered to qualified candidates, plus attractive benefits including stock options.
If you’re interested in this role, please upload your CV with a covering letter. Or if you’d like to discuss the job further, please contact us or give us a call on +1 866 645 2903.