Our commercial director James Barham has been fielding a lot of questions at the various events and conferences he’s been speaking at recently on the subject of mobile customer experience (CX); specifically, how PCI compliance is an integral component of the overall user experience.
He thought it would be a good idea to get his thoughts down in blog format and contribute it to leading contact centre forum MyCustomer.com, so here it is – How does PCI compliance enhance mobile CX?
Here are a few highlights from the article if you’re pressed for time…
- Many consumers now prefer to interact with merchants via their mobile device, even when making payments.
- Contactless payments via smartphone tripled from 18% in 2015 to 54% in 2016.
- 64% of people begin customer service enquiries online.
- Customers expect to be able to move from online-based interactions to voice interactions seamlessly.
- Glitches, hard-to-use apps, a lack of omnichannel options and weak security will not be tolerated.
- On the other hand, secure technology that is easy-to-use, fast and convenient can create repeat customers for life.
- PCI compliant solutions ensure the security and integrity of click-to-call services and can improve average handling times (AHT).
- Mobile is 24/7 so merchants need to offer a flexible, responsive, always-on customer experience.
- If you’re taking card payments, full PCI compliance is essential, regardless of contact method.
If you’d like to find out more about PCI Pal’s suite of secure contact centre payment solutions, please browse our solutions page, download our brochure or get in touch with our expert consultants today.