If you’re attending the 6th e-Crime & Information Security Europe Summit in Amsterdam on 1st December, you might be interested in a seminar our commercial director James Barham will be presenting on ‘Securing Cardholder Data – Challenges and Solutions for Merchants’.
The seminar, which starts at 15:30 at the Mövenpick Hotel (Amsterdam City Centre), will discuss the scope and scale of the challenges facing merchants and contact centres when it comes to protecting customer data. James will also provide some insight into the best approach to take to secure your payment environment and descope it from the requirements of PCI DSS.
People are often the weak link in the People > Process > Technology triumvirate, so James will discuss the importance of creating a culture of security in your contact centre. He’ll also cover:
- Why do consumers use contact centres and why are they good for merchants?
- What challenges are presented to merchants who take card payments by phone?
- Why were previous security measures taken in contact centres insufficient and ineffective?
- What’s ‘in scope’ when complying with the requirements of PCI DSS?
- What impact would a data breach have on your business and how can you avoid the devastating consequences?
The event, which PCI Pal is also sponsoring, is designed to give attendees a chance to network with industry peers, solution providers, regulatory bodies and law enforcement, while comparing various solutions and learning more about international cybersecurity best practice, including new GDPR and NIS directives.
Attendees include BNP Paribas, MasterCard, Shell, Philips, Canon Europe, AT&T, Nike, Hiscox, Air France-KLM, TNT and many more, spanning a huge range of industries and sectors.
Dominic, Geoff and David will be attending the PCI Benelux event with James and will be on hand to answer any compliance questions you might have. They’re all looking forward to meeting new people and catching up with some familiar faces.
We hope to see some of you there!